PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's a licence worth?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2003, 03:47
QNH 1013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very fortunate. Mrs QNH and I have never had a problem with this. The only surprising thing used to be when I'd ask one of my sons if they wanted to come flying on a nice Sunday afternoon, and they would reply that they really should finish off their homework. I never showed such responsibility at school!

Mrs QNH decided to do the safety pilot's course which included 8 hours formal training, flying from the rhs, and finished with her demonstrating a D & D radar-vectored recovery to a large ATC controlled airport. She found it very satisfying (all except for the AOPA certificate which seemed a very disappointing rip-off).

Because we often fly taildraggers, Mrs QNH did the bulk of the flying in a taildragger (seemed sensible) but she did an hour or two in a Cessna to see how that landed and couldn't believe how it just kept rolling straight down the runway.

She has no ambition to get a pilot's licence of her own but is planning to get an RT licence, and also learn how to do simple instrument flying.

The only thing she is a bit uncomfortable about is when I go flying in my freaky little single seater. She doesn't even like sitting in it on the ground.