PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2003, 03:37
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mr Purdey,
The vote in the HoL was nothing more than a whipped vote on a moral issue. A shameful situation that no-one who voted as a result of being 'whipped' should be proud of.

The only time that I (and many others) will allow this matter to rest is when natural justice has been seen to be done, and an unsustainable verdict and shameful accusation is removed from two deceased pilots' records.

May I also apologise for having no 'hitherto undisclosed information' (although you may find some in Government Departments). The main issue I am looking at is the lack of response to the final call from ZD576. I understand that the call was recorded by the ATC equipment, there were three people on the console, yet no reply. Subsequent checks of the equipment found it to be in full working order.

Why no response? Why no follow up call from the Chinook? Can anyone say with absolute certainty why follow up call was made? There is a chance (no matter how remote) that the aircrew were busy with a major incident (or distracted by a minor one) thereby preventing a follow up call. Doesn't matter how slim that chance, but the fact that it is yet another possibility that fits with known facts should be enough to undermine the absolutely no doubt requirement. But, as you know - we've been down this particular road several times before.

Before you say, "Well why no call on the emergency frequency?", you will recall that the IFF was moved from 7000 to 7760. It just may be that someone was trying to change it to the emergency setting of 7700. No one will know with absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Kind regards,
Brian Dixon
"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook

Edited for typos