PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scavenging a crashed 777: for a book
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2014, 20:49
kenpimentel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: RAT
OK, it got partially deployed and it's a tangled mess. Might be something salvageable, but not initially.

re: tools
Yes, I have to accept there will be some tools in cargo. I had hoped not to use the "magic box" of cargo to solve problems, but seems this might be required.

re: BUG
I think I can use this still, at least initially. I'm not hearing any good reasons why that can't be removed from the plane and used for power generation. I agree it isn't trivial as it means the BUG Converter must also be pulled from the plane to convert the power. I'm not sure if it delivers 115v 60Hz or if it delivers 115v 400hz.

re: ditch scenario
I think it will make sense if you read it. At least I hope so. It's important that the plane winds up mostly salvageable. This seems as gentle as I can do it.

re: world
You misunderstand me. I didn't say there are no satellites in sight, I mean there are NO satellites. Neither are there any reinforced concrete runways where they are...

re: fire axes
Thanks! Those are going to be very handy. Do you know how many? Those are going to be major players!

re: not a 777
I've made the 777 a major actor in the story and it'd mean a lot of rework/research. I also need a lot of people to come to this new world (hundreds). Less than 100 won't support the long-term goals of the story.