PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2014, 20:45
mesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who has spent many years at Monarch and faces challenges that some of you have faced I have read comments on this thread that make me smile. We all make choices about which airline we work for and the reasons why. I myself have got guys on this site jobs at Monarch. Do I feel guilty? Do I hell as like....we all make our own choices and in the big scheme of things get a life. We work in a job and industry that when it's going well pays well. If its not quite working then move on and get over it. We are not gods, we do not deserve a job for life, we are pilots. We aren't the directors of airlines earning £600 k a year. We aren't bright enough, we don't have Harvard business degrees and 20 years work experience in the real world. We have been fortunate to end up in the cockpit through a bit of application and intelligence, end off. For the guys that decided to stay at Easy when the other guys went to Monarch good on you. But please don't give it the "I knew what was happening and tried to tell them"..what a load of . If Easy works for you then great but are you really telling me there isn't a better job out their for you or any of us. I have always said piots have far too much time in the flight deck to talk themselves into believing their own hype. Have a good look at yourselves and have a good life. Don't waste energy bothering about the little gits that we all work with that haven't got a clue, they will learn eventually. I turned on the tv today and watched paras dropping into Arnhem. I watched elderly guys and girls talk about when the **** really hit the fan and how they coped. Monday morning I may still have a job, I may not. But as they did, I will dig deep and carry on....