PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2014, 13:42
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bigger problem is the change of the industry from one of numerous companies that had half an eye on looking out for its employees (including flight crew) to one where these companies are slowly but surely been devoured in the UK and Europe by the uber efficient money making loco machines.

During the expansion of the locos many companies have gone under, and many opportunities have been missed by the locos to employ those affected by the going out of business of these companies, guys with a good track record, good people skills, good life skills. Strengths, that if certain infos on this very thread are to be believed, are sadly missing in some quarters

Experienced guys either out of work on the scrapheap, and further across the food chain stuck as TP capt, as career progression to the "plumb jet jobs" hardly exists

It is incredibly ironic that those who by the very path they elected to take, and some would argue "jump the queue by chequebook" via certain ftos and loco carriers have affected the industry as a whole for everybody, now have taken the lions share of this thread due in main to the fact that they are now experienced and hence no longer of recruitment interest to the market they helped create. And also taking the thread focus from the problems of the company and the workforce as a whole and turned it into a me me me fest.

Hopefully the decent operators out there extend the olive branch to the innocents caught up in Monarchs current situation, failing that the locos can see past the usual modus operandi of majority of cadet only recruitment and give a break to innocent bystanders, and on relevant and suitable contracts.

Hopefully Monarch survive this loco led domination, Thomas Cook another decent operator had their wings checked a few years ago, but just about survived. Hopefully for the sake of the industry Monarch manage the same