PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicom vs area frequency
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2014, 08:39
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone remember when ERSA, AIP etc were relatively light, thin documents that were easy to read and fairly clear? Not several forests worth of paper or terabytes of memory. Survey, this example is a simple natter and things are not THAT much more complex now are they?
About 15 years ago I had an epiphany. It dawned on me that the regulatory reform program in Australia would drift along forever and, sadly, make no difference - at least not a positive one - to aviation in Australia. I also realised that Laborial governments are only really good at a few things: Taxing like robber Barons, spending like drunken sailors and doing favours for 'mates'.

The only things that usually change, only slightly, are the rates and the mates.

So for me, other than a couple of things like the move from quadrantal to hemispherical crusing levels, not many of the basics that will help keep me alive have changed in substance. I figure if I concentrate on those, I probably won't die. Same approach to any risky endeavour.

If there is some arseclown in government who believes that aviation safety will be adversely affected if I don't retain my logbook for 7 years after I've stopped flying, I look forward to that arseclown knocking on my door at 7 years minus one day.

Last edited by Creampuff; 20th Sep 2014 at 10:36.