PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "TSA-Prechk" on boarding pass
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 22:14
Mark in CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"TSA-Prechk" on boarding pass

I have never applied for nor been approved for the TSA-Precheck program, which "allows low-risk travelers to experience expedited, more efficient security screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints." Basically, after submitting some official identification and fingerprints and $85, you get to keep your pants on while going through preboarding security.

Yet today, when I checked in online for tomorrow's Alaska Air flight, my boarding pass clearly shows the TSA-PRECHK indication on it and the mobile version has the program logo with a large green check mark. This is supposed to mean I get the use the TSA-Precheck program system. I never entered anything in the KPN (known person number) field when buying my ticket that would identify me as a program member, yet here we are.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? I know I am not a program member, yet my boarding pass clearly indicates I should use it. I'm not sure whether to ignore it or try to take advantage of it (there's a special line at security for it).

Opinions? My flight is tomorrow, noontime.