PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 21:31
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's 'complicated'.

Oh, bad Soteria and wicked Jinglie – to cast Nasturtiums on the grave of industry. Dont'cha know we have a dynamic, highly motivated minuscule at the helm. It's great puzzle to him why his mate has not collected and driven through the changes, even if just in self interest, a mighty conundrum that is. One of the great beneficiaries of any reform or easement, purely in financial terms must the likes of Rex; you'd think their boss would be publicly panting for it, soap boxes and rhetoric, in spades redoubled. But no, silence and a very un-rocked boat seems to be the go – wonder why?

It's all passing strange. Speaking of strange things passing – I was looking for some data on Canadian time frames for report and I stumbled, quite by accident onto a couple of interesting reports, done by an external agency for the Kiwi brethren. Good work this, mused I, wonder who did such a professional job, so quickly and well. You'll never guess, twas our very own, much maligned ATSB.

The subjects may be found –HERE - and – HERE - . The thing that drew my attention and earned some admiration was the quality of work which the ATSB is capable of producing – when playing away from home. Some cynics would say – far away from malign influences; I reckon it's pure frustration from our well qualified, competent troops at the coal face. Released and given a chance to shine – they do. Bravo..

Perhaps the minuscule, some time 'in the late Autumn' can manage to realise that the boys and girls at the ATSB are a very good team, being stifled and nobbled by the bookies with a vested interest in the match result, not how the game is played. Match fixing, last time I checked was illegal.

Aye, it's a funny old world..

Toot toot..
Technical assistance to the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand, involving the analysis of an audio recording of communications between air traffic control and the pilot of Beechcraft Baron G58, registered N254F on 30 March 2013
Assistance to the TAIC - Flight control maintenance event involving Boeing 737-800, ZK-ZQG, Auckland, New Zealand on 7 June 2013