PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 21:10
MaxPower2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I am sure that many of the points being raised about ex-easyJet First officers (that is what the are/where, they ceased to be Cadets once employed just as a Captain ceases to be a first officer on promotion) are indeed valid, there is a time and a place to bring these to the fore and this is not it. Only a bitter, gloating or I told you so attitude would lead anyone to post this kind of thought on this thread.

As has been highlighted on numerous occasions, these people are facing losing their livelihoods, many with mortgages to pay and young families to support. I suspect that most of the negative posters were never in a similar position to some of the FO's that left easy for Monarch. Whilst I could never condone the level of unprofessionalism being described, I'm sure most would agree that the terms these guys were working under we're terrible and most had no choice.

A commonly used phrase is that attitude reflects leadership. In my time at easy, I seem to remember a high degree of negativity been prevalent throughout. Was there not a survey that revealed that morale was potentially destructive to the business. I flew with captains who's attitude towards the company bordered on the unprofessional, (anyone remember flap full Fridays?) is it any wonder that some of the guys at the bottom being shafted the most should show a degree of dissent.

I regret that I have been drawn into this debate, however that the thread has been hijacked in such a way as to stick it to guys who left easyJet feeling they were bettering themselves, but now find themselves in a dire situation, is plain wrong and there are experienced people that should know better, who should be ashamed of themselves. Yes some guys may have been immature, arrogant or even unprofessional, but now is neither the time or the place to be saying I told you so.

Let's ditch the thread creep and the sniping and get back to the topic in hand.

Good luck to all