PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 16:53
pitotheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is true to say that many FOs who left easy to go to Monarch did so thinking they were somehow inflicting retribution on the company who would struggle to replace them. This as I pointed out to many at the time is not the reason to leave. Once they had given in their notice many were a pain to fly with and those of us left behind were frankly relieved to see the back of them. Tragic though it is for these FOs it would be a mistake for them to return. Many did burn their bridges and would not get pass their initial contact with the company. For all it is a harsh and early lesson in the big nasty world of how big decisions should be taken for the right reason. Furthermore, in this small world don't burn your bridges and be nice to your colleagues on your rise through a company because you will see them again on your way down.
Having said the above the ex easyjet pilots now being made redundant from Monarch are only a small minority of those now seeking jobs and I hope easyjet will take the opportunity to take some experienced and well trained pilots offering fair contracts. However I fear they will be more likely to be offered NAP OPO or AMS contracts.
Good luck to all.

Last edited by pitotheat; 19th Sep 2014 at 17:25. Reason: Writing on a phone