PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue return, evac
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 16:32
SeenItAll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total and utter mis-management of the crew from top to bottom. Absolutely no need at all for an evac. They should show the youTube footage of exactly how NOT to handle a 'possible' evac situation. I bet the passengers didn't know whether they were coming or going.

Embarrassing to watch......
This seems highly presumptuous unless you know exactly what the crew knew at the exactly the time all of this was going down. Just because in hindsight something turns out suboptimal does not mean that it was a suboptimal decision at the time it was made.

I hear the cabin crew calling BRACE. I hear the cabin crew calling STAY PUT. I hear the flight deck calling for an evacuation (if that is what Easy Victor means). And I hear the cabin crew calling for PAX to come this way. No CF seems to be occurring at all.

I am very sure that the captains of the Saudia plane in Jeddah or the Airtours plane in Manchester would like very much to reconsider their decisions not to order an immediate evac. Unless it turns out that the flight crew obviously knew there was no fire all along, I don't think anyone is going to second-guess this decision making.