PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 02:22
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cake and eat it - ??, where do I apply?

Great pic Sarcs – indeed, in today's light it's quite informative. How to cut the aeronautical cake, the minuscule hand being guided by industry, lest he cut his brain off (fly undone).

I hear that stern words have been uttered regarding the complete bollocks and deception created by whoever decided that runways should now be a broad as they are long. I thought that was the Irish approach; "Jazus and begorah – it's not very long Paddy, but it's really, really wide, now".. How anyone could believe that with a stroke of a pen, the operators would give up their exemptions in November without a brawl; or, that manufacturers of the older aircraft (those still in business) could or would be even remotely interested in developing exclusive performance data, for unique conditions, for a handful of aging aircraft beggars all belief; except of course that of the only man dopey enough to swallow it, whole, and smile.

The dear old 'exemption' game, as rightly pointed out is beloved of the regulator and operators alike. It's a sick system which ingratiates CASA, while enslaving and controlling the operator; but, reform will come – perhaps in time for the next ice age and then we won't need exemption upon exemption from the ever increasing pile of evermore complex, prescriptive regulation.

Perhaps someone could awaken the minuscule and inform him that the Senate have 27 urgent recommendations tabled to improve the safety of the travelling public and while they have his attention waft the 37 recommendations from his own independent panel (nudge him if he starts drifting off again) which independently call for massive, serious changes to aviation administration, essential to the fiscal and legal well being of a multi million dollar industry. If they were really quick, they could add that he has not, as yet, introduced the new whizz-bang board to industry and we have had rather a long wait for a new CEO of CASA, to guide us out of the valley of death, don't mention Part 61 or 48 (overload warning); but the Canucks do need a well aimed boot, just in case they have dozed off, anticipating the eternal Canadian Autumn.

No matter, take it easy – just so long as he enjoys sharing his cake with his mates; all is well.

Now I do know Rome was not built in a day – be they did, eventually manage to get it finished; I guess the trick was, they actually started.

Have I mentioned this before?, have I got time warp syndrome??

Toot, Squeak, Toot, Squeak......