PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2014, 00:29
go around flaps15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post HundredPercentPlease. Our union members at Norwegian are trying to replicate that same feat i.e. BALPA, SEPLA, NASPA, NPU, Captains and FOs pulling together for a fair and sustainable career path. Make no mistake it won't be a walk in the park but as Norwegian are planning on being a significant player, particularly in LGW, it is vital for the industry in Europe that we get the right result.

Rumours are that our training department are in talks with CTC in relation to cadets. We have all seen what can happen with that and you guys at Easy know it all too well.

The terms and conditions that pilots at Easy fought for and achieved are the benchmark for what the pilot community at Norwegian want.

If we achieve what we are aiming for and those Airbus Neos do arrive on an apron (I'm not sure where but I'm hearing reports a few of them will), then that can only be good news for Monarch pilots that are unfortunate to be let go or find themselves out of work or in an undesirable part of the world.

I genuinely hope things work out in the end for Monarch. It will be a black day in this industry if they don't.

I for one have my fingers crossed.