PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horsham Court Case - the outcome ?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 20:49
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A LONG BOW

Creamy
That is drawing a long bow. I was not aware that the person in question in the Horsham case was an international airline pilot.

So CASA does not make the rules?
And did the international area recommend the draconian changes that are embodied in the TSI Bill that ATSB put forward?
And is the international area recommending the CAA 2003 changes I already mentioned?
What of the mooted returning 3 year airframe inspection for GA - is the United nations recommending this?

I spent 25 years working this sort of crap for the Government. No politician has a mind of their own - the Bills put forward come from the authorities in the first place. What comes up for aviation comes from CASA and ATSB - the political mouthpieces change, the anti-pilot culture does not.

CASAs old brigade is full of a militaristc culture that believes discipline and regulation is the answer to the world's evils. Fortunately, there is a growing forest of young trees that believe in a coaching style that includes treating pilots and AOC holders as normal human beings. Unfortunately, like the greenies stuff the forests, unless the deadwood is removed, the new trees will be choked.

I spoke to a CASA bod last week who will sell his soul to the devil to stop these pagan moves to the FARs. I could hear him whistling an old tune about 2 minute reporting for VFR flights.

Must run, I believe an international body has told us we must remove the name "Nugget" from a rugby league stand in Qld because it is demeaning to the race that has us now over Ayers Rock at 4500 instead of 1500 in case we scare the great spirit Wugeridoo - slip us a $ mate. Yes, these international conventions about how we Australians must toe the line are a great thing Creamy.
cheers