PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sense of Humo(u)r failure?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2014, 18:38
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Vikung, Helpfull Staker, sorry I couldnt get back to you sooner, have been flying around the country trying not to bend anything. Now, to answer your questions, no, Im not a French Canadian, and as for them "whining" you display a typical narrow Brit perception of Canada, the Royal 22nd Regiment are not only a superb fighting unit, but in the last few weeks were doing gaurd duty at the very location where this British soldier was clowning around, they last did this duty in 1917 after the battle of Vimy Ridge, ,shortly after the Canadian troops won that battle , a feat not acomplished by British or French forces . I for one rather envy the French speaking units in the Canadian Forces, the generally dont get lumbered with poor leaders but tend to retain the likes of Wing Comander Lacombe, {Jo the group to all his crews} who led 425 Squadron in WW2 . By the way, having served with many units in the past the most "whining" I ever heard was from an RAF navigator who spent some time over here with a U/S aircraft, somthing about his grass would need cutting if he didnt get back home soon. {I kid you not} As for "inbred upper class", a short look at the blood lines of the so called "upper class" says it all. Yes, I may offend you, but not nearly as much as some of the Brits who seem to think that having the Gattling Gun to build their Empire in the past is somthing to be proud of, I can only wonder that to what degree this attitude has resulted in the rank stupidity going on in Scotlad today.