PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2014, 15:40
Big M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately a lot of our brothers will think of themselves at this time and are more worried about the annual leave arrangements, than the job security of fellow workers.
Mate, I don't think it will be a lot. It will be the same ones who come in on overtime whilst blokes are being marched to the gate, the ones bending rules to make flawed systems work, the ones who spend months away on postings not using their leave earning a huge whack and then complain about having to use annual leave, the ones who have 400 to 800 hours annual leave accrued, the ones who have 20-30 years LSL accrued and will whinge like spoilt children when someone suggests they should actually take it ( much less the fact that the company can legally direct them to take it and now there's a chance to take what they should've and it will save someone's job )- two dickheads today suggested that they didn't want to take a "paycut" by having to use LSL ! Same guys who have been given all the training/licences, come in on O/T, take postings with the extra cash - these ones will be the next "ops managers" but unfortunately they get a vote with the rest of us at the moment.)

I'm pretty sure these self-centred beings are in the minority.

As someone mentioned in the meeting today, if we don't as a group vote YES to saving all the guys jobs when the cost is taking the leave owing to you, what the *@ck is it we are after?

Well done once again to our illustrious Association, who represent us in an absolutely fantastic manner - despite the self centred actions of the minority of members who undermine by doing overtime, cutting corners and who whinge about having time-off ( god help me)