PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Express
Thread: Swiss Express
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 18:44
viking146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse me Blue Belly!

I am not one to utter my opinion but:

"Swissair has always saved Crossair...at least 3 times from bankruptcy as far as I can remember... now we are back to square one!"

NEWSFLASH mate: It was the other way around. LX saved SR or at least the poor soles that otherwise would be on the dough, scraping up the pasta from their plates.

FACT the ABC of economics: SR needed the likes of LX due to much much lower prduction costs and a much higher productivity. Two major ingridients for the success of an airline, but I guess Aeropers missed that lesson in economics. Now SR would never have been able to survive as long and great as it did had it not been for LX taking the bulk of their production at a very reasonable cost. The cost structure of SR was astronomical in compariosn to the revenue generated.

CONCLUSION: Even if SR did come to the rescue of LX at previous occasions it was only because SR knew very well that they were unable to produce the seats at an economically vaiable cost, thus only accelerating the bankrupcy process......

SO: Yes in a way we are back to square one but only coz. SWISS Express will emerge as a counterwieght for the overbudget Aeropers paychecks. Again the ex-LX guys have to carry the burden of Aeropers arrogance....

Sorry mate but bailling our LX three times was only in your interest, as it prolonged the glory years. Don't shed a tear for fantasy, welcome to reality.....