PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAC Jet Provost
Thread: BAC Jet Provost
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 18:21
Madbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lynxman

Very droll! I must say that when I posted that I was aware of the double entendre but though I do sometimes feel beyond my age, 175 plus years is stretching things a bit far!

It will be the seventh re-union of my venerable BFT course which our esteemed course leader, aka "STEELY" without fail manages to organise, helped by one or two whippers-in. (You will appreciate that his formation flying was not without room for improvement!)

In the early years we were even made welcome in the Mess at Linton even when some of us were RO's. (junior ones that is!) Now, in spite of having some senior RO's in our ranks we are no longer welcome it seems. No rooms available, or no staff on duty at weekends and other excuses, .which is a great shame.

Now we have to made do with the fine hotels in York and re-live our mis-spent youth re-enacting our Saturday night pub crawl to the Ye Olde Star, The Three Tuns and the King's Head with the obligatory late dinner at the local Indian. Great times and very fond memories of a year at Linton as a 19 year old, and to live it all again, if only in my dreams.

With a PPRuNE call sign such as yours I guess you were either FAA or AAC so perhaps the delights of York remain a mystery. A great loss I would say....

A still youthful MB.

Last edited by Madbob; 18th Sep 2014 at 07:58. Reason: correct typo