PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threads that vanish
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 15:51
Gilles Hudicourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't delete a thread I started, someone with authority to do it deleted it, but won't indentify him or herself and won't say why.

Here is the post in question as cached by Google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Albert C. Persons was an American C-54 pilot who flew support mission for the CIA while they were preparing what was to be known as the Bay of Pigs invasion. Although he did not participate in any combat operations, he was a first hand witness, for he was present at the Puerto Cabezas base (Happy Valley) in Nicaragua from where the Brigade 2506's invasion fleet sailed and from where the Brigade's B-26 bombers attacked Cuba.
Persons was also a journalist and he ran a newspaper, so he knew how to write and his book is very well written.

It has one major flaw. Because most of this subject was still classified at the time Persons wrote it, the author used the CIA or other aliases for most of the books characters instead of using their real names.

All this story has since been declassified by the CIA in 2011 and I was able to find the names of most of the main characters in this book, but the real identity of many of his books' characters are still a mystery to me.

If anyone recognizes himself in this book, or a relative, or a friend, and you can provide the real identity of the person, please do so here.

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt; 17th Sep 2014 at 16:03.