PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speechless -David Haines
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 14:16
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSOCS and vendee.
I didn't suggest anything, but did say it was something I'd discussed.
I also discussed doing nothing at all, but history has shown that to be a really stupid tactic.

MSOCS.
I also didn't say the sins of the child are the sins of the parent........you just added that bit after you failed to read what I had typed.
On the other hand, if you had a child that was going to go out to another country to murder totally innocent people would you condone it, do nothing at all or try to stop them?
You will hopefully now have read that my post said the idea could work on many levels........

So, just as history tells us doing nothing is a silly option it also has a myriad of cases where executions of family members/local community can limit a resistance or terror group.

As per my initial post this was just something I had discussed. The discussion came about after hearing about two men. One did nothing against terrorism and the other was a terrorist...........oh yes, that's right it was the two men this thread started with !
Remind me again how successful the do nothing option was in this case!

Edited to add: yes I do believe that some parents and family members know exactly where their children are going..........oddly enough I was more convinced of this after a recent period spent in Burnley and the surrounding area. It's funny but hearing these things from the horses mouth is a bit more convincing than you thinking they don't

I don't live in a fluffy world where a parent's child disappears for six months, perhaps posts on social media or talks to friends and yet the parent thinks the child is having an extended holiday in Blackpool rather than in Iraq or Syria.

Last edited by barnstormer1968; 17th Sep 2014 at 14:26.