PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's a licence worth?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 15:23
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tell Mrs. GtW to start learning to fly herself! Why is it that it's mostly only the men that fly and the wives stay home and get "jealous" of his going to the field. She should take lessons and find out for herself how great it is!!

I think this might get this thread in a new direction, but how many of you guys have ever considered investing in flight lessons for your wife? How many flying wives are there out there in Prunneland? Would be interesting to know...

I myself: once married to an airline jockey... I didn't even know it was possible for me to learn flying, thought you can only do it if you wanted to fly professionally. Then I found out from friends that anyone can learn and, without telling him at first, signed up for lessons. Well, he thought the idea not so bad... made it possible for him to fly "small stuff" again. And it gave me an insight into his job, even though my flying stayed "small" (meantime CPL and instuctors rating).

We had many nice flights together with our 2 children ... usually I flew so I could collect hours (obviously he had enough). And taking the children along was never in question, after all, driving a car is much more dangerous, as we all know!

keep flying!
WestWind1950

P.S. in the meantime we're divorced... got frustrationg that he had to have every additional rating that I got as well (glider tow, balloon, glider) as if I was in competition with him!