PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG “PACK” NNC
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 12:35
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The will continue their schedule no matter what you do with the recirculation fans...
Did i write that the fans influence the packs flow schedule directly?NO, but indirectly yes.

Was your comment :
Quote:The pack output doesn't change
right or wrong? Please tell me.

It was wrong and now you get it right?

Good,so now you agree the pack airflow rate decreases at high altitude (after all it is only the AMM).
What you dont get into your head is that a lower flow is sensed by the pack via these bellows as the pack is directly connected to the mix manifold.
As the fans are off,and the cabin is high,the pack flow rate (systematically/biased to reduce) as cabin increase,a lower flow is sensed by the pack which opens its upstream port to let in more bleed air....

I was looking for your max altitude thingy (which i hope you will explain where i was wrong and again im ready for mea culpa...by wrong i dont mean in disagreement with you,obviously) i found this about recirc fans in pprune...the poster "yeelep" is a mechanic on 737:
Question was:
RMC, that's a poor justification for a couple of reasons. One, even with the recirc. fans on, the left pack is the source of air to the flightdeck. Two,the recirc. fans draw air through HEPA filters.
Quote:
On the other side of the coin can someone confirm that with the fans off no recirculation would mean a greater bleed offtake (slightly higher fuel consumption).
Yes.
Ill send him a message and maybe he can explain in simple terms and clearer i admit our issue here.