PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA City Flyer opens recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 12:14
EMB-145LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insight marlowe. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't too rosy over at BACF. I can sympathise, I'm actually flying E170/190s now in the USA (I came off the 145 a while back). While I don't doubt what you say, it honestly can't be as bad as working for a regional over here. I make roughly a third of the money that an FO at CityFlyer makes. In fact, even when I upgrade to captain next year, I'll be making slightly less than a CityFlyer FO.

I've been away from the UK for five years now. I miss my family and my friends. I miss the food ironically! My wife is desperate to move to the UK too. I know that no airline is perfect, but one that pays on time and is based in your home country is one hell of a start. Unfortunately I can't get a call from any of them because 3,000TT is too much experience now. I know the grass isn't always greener, but after three airlines and a lot of heartache, I'll be happy just to have a muddy patch in the UK, forget the grass!

Anyway, BACF haven't called yet, and I'm becoming increasingly convinced that they won't at all.

Last edited by EMB-145LR; 15th Dec 2014 at 17:16.