PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Regional
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 11:58
bigjim99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read that EIR have axed the MAN-SNN service from the end of October as FR have moved their LPL-SNN service to MAN. With FR trying to be more accommodating to business PAX hopefully FR don't start attacking ORK with the same mindset. The frequency that EIR are able to offer on routes by using ATRs is something I've become to love - much better than the days of a daily FR or mainline EI service.

Without the 3x daily to MAN-SNN, this could free up an A/C that will hopefully become ORK based.

When travelling to ORK on a weekly basis, I will generally fly in to ORK and home via DUB. Sadly as an airport ORK is too small to provide route frequencies to make the best use of my time. I travel between the airports with a one way car hire, which indeed can be costly not to mention fuel and tolls. The worst part of it is that it has to be the most mind numbing and boring journey I've ever done. Miles and miles of boring empty motorway. It drives me crazy. For a business pax, bus and train are not an alternative. A simple and effective air shuttle between ORK-DUB would be ideal - perhaps with a simple walk on fare also being available at the airports. The 42's are staying in the fleet for the foreseeable future. Personally, I'd move the SNN 42 to ORK to do a Early Morning & Early Evening ORK/DUB rotations. During the day, I reckon you could do two UK rotations perhaps make NCL daily, perhaps up MAN to 3x?