PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA City Flyer opens recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 11:51
marlowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMB145-SLR "dearly love to join Cityflyer" hmm a phrase you dont usually hear attached to the name Cityflyer!! but i guess love is subjective. I presume from your name you are on Embraers? and i guess you look at the 170/190 at Cityflyer and think biggger aircraft and what seems like a better BA run company? Well please dont be fooled by that picture! If the company are recruiting they will want low hour cadets because they are cheap to hire, willing to be hired, and will be grateful for getting a foot on the ladder. the company has plenty of candidates for command positions already in the company, so could be awhile to get into the left seat. As for experienced guys slim to no chance of being hired, you see you have experience and thats the problem you face. You have been around awhile seen other airlines practices, have a reasonable idea of what you are doing and what you will do,Cityflyer management dont want this, because in a nutshell you will probably know more than they do about flying and aviation in general, and that means you will question their methods and practices and the Didsbury ring cannot have this happening. " The leadership Team" yes they really call themselves that, have all the answers, the company is run for their benefit and theirs alone, nobody else can have an opinion or a better way of doing things and if you voice an opinion or come up with a better way of doing things then yea they will smile and pat you on the back, but thats your card marked as a possible troublemaker and you will be "managed out of the company" a phrase used by managers several times over the last few years and put into practice several times. So be careful what you wish for on the surface it looks like a nice shiny BA company with all the benefits that may have, underneath the skin however, it is a regional airline being run by management who have no experience beyond running regional airlines, and cannot see beyond regional airline practices and methods.