PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG “PACK” NNC
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 11:12
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your input Framer, I tend to respond like that when being insulted by nitwits... I see you are trying to put me in a bad light, I don't like your either.
When someone clearly in the wrong, uses "", tells me to read my manuals, generally in a condescending tone and calls me stupid and an idiot, I fight back. Although more eloquently, thanks for highlighting the best ones.

Lord Spandex Masher, bang on the money!!!

Cabin ventilation gets air (airflow) from recirc fans and packs via the mix manifold..right??
As cabin altitude increases,airflow of PACKS is decreasing below its optimum,the recirc fans airflow helps such ventilation to keep the cabin optimum ventilation.(yes in ventilation,there is recirculated air from the packs(indirectly i give you that,as it is reused/recirculated by the fans).
Yes I "got it" from my first post in the thread:
Recirculation fans have no effect on pack workload. It's myth and poorly written in the FCOM.

With recirculation fans OFF, the airflow in the cabin is below what is required for certification, but it doesn't change the workload on the pack.
It seems like your backtrack is nearing it's completion. Now you just have to admit that....

If the recirculation fans are switched off:
1) The pack output doesn't change (obviously there will instead be less output from the mix manifold, which is what I have been saying all along)
2) Hence, there is no increase in bleed demand
3) Hence, there is no increase in fuel flow

Defacto:
If you prove me wrong with facts/docs rather than pure say then yes ill mea culpa anytime...even with you...
Really, last time I even provided you with photo evidence (the max altitude discussion). You just disappeared from the discussion. I assume you will do the same this time.