PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG “PACK” NNC
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 10:08
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll admit to one "error" and that is the choice of word "sticky". English is not my first language of the 5 I speak. "Stuffy" would perhaps have been a better choice.
It's like the air is standing still in the cabin (it won't be standing still, but move too slowly). Lowering the temperature won't help, except cold stuffy air seems more comfortable than normal temperature. Still the O2/CO2 levels will be uncomfortable (but not in anyway dangerous), which may make pax and cabin crew tired/cause headache etc. Like I compared already, it's like being a lot of people in a small room without opening the window occasionally to let in fresh air.

I missed the backtrack of the century!
Ah, so now you tell me....
So I see,your aircraft are junk,you cant use packs in high,and you dont want to cool the cabin,then you wonder why its sticky indeed.....marvelous
In other words, the recirculation fans are only there for pax comfort. They change absolutely squad about packs output. Of course you can actively switch the packs to high flow, I prefer to leave the recirculation fans on.