PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Kalmaegi
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 09:48
The Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typhoon Kalmaegi

We, at "The CPG" would like to thank everyone who participated in Typhoon Kalmaegi.

We would especially like to thank the pilots for their professionalism.

We know for decades We, at "The CPG" have been rapidly eroding your conditions of service and reducing your package at every opportunity. As with the latest pay package and more productivity concessions coming your way, we are aghast by the professionalism of the pilots.

In the current typhoon conditions, we were concerned we would have more diversions with turbulence associated with lower visibility and challenging approaches. We would have thought the pilots would have given up more rapidly on challenging approaches and diverted sooner in the approach phase. Thank you for going that extra mile.

In our FOP meeting, a FOP manager brought up the definition of “Windshear” from the pilots Quick Reference Handbook with 5 items defining windshear. We asked the Lawyers present if any of these were exceeded during a Typhoon (shown in the FDAP recording) and no “go around” was performed, where do we stand legally if something were to happen? The Lawyer responded with no hesitation that the Captain involved would be fully responsible as in the Mandarin Airlines MD-11 accident and will be terminated after the final investigation. The CPG nor the HKIA Managers will bear no responsible for the continued operation during a typhoon, that solely rests with the Captain.

We thank all the Captains for taking that responsibility on behest of “The CPG”.

With the very few diversions, this displays to "The CPG" the pay and conditions of service being provided are above with what most pilots expect their pay and conditions should be. We are amazingly surprised and this reveals to "The CPG" we have more cutting to do before we hit the rock bottom pilot threshold on tolerance.

I would like to thank everyone for their contribution to my bonus. Keep up the great work.

To My Bonus
The Management