PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 09:34
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 311 Likes on 104 Posts
JM926 - I would not hold your breath over easyJet accepting former cadets as I am told that is not the case. I think the CEO was asked in a brief conversation on the flight deck about the issue and gave a generally positive reply, which had a caveat of 'subject to a good training record'. That clearly includes a good attitude. A number of those guys left hating easyJet, and were very vocal about it. They felt they were working for a rubbish company and Monarch offered a 'proper' contract and treated their staff so much better. They only good thing easyJet had done for them was teach them to fly an Airbus and they could not wait to leave. Most companies do not like being told by foolish young people with no life experience that they are a bunch of losers - easyJet are no exception. These were young guys from CTC who had been given the opportunity of a lifetime by coming to work for one of Europe's biggest and most stable companies, flying brand new Airbuses all over Europe. Why would easyJet take back people with a proven track record of complaining when there are literally thousands of other pilots desperate to join and who will just be incredibly grateful for the opportunity?