PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG “PACK” NNC
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 08:40
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defacto, there is probably a reason that you can only find a job in China, A your technical knowledge, B your ability to read and C your attitude. Look at the thread history and who started to get personal. Thank you I do know how to read my manuals, which you obviously need help doing.

Glad we cleared that one early enough in the discussion
Actually that post was for Galdian, but I am glad to hear you can read a step-by-step 18 point checklist too. Well done!

I never said so...but as usual you put words in my mouth...they built it to meet the recirculation output of the packs(???) up to the published service ceiling.
As usual you are writing BS. The packs doesn't recirculate anything. And it has nothing to do with service ceiling. You are so full of crap, it unbelievable that you are truly a pilot. They are there to ensure sufficient airflow through the cabin at all levels. It has nothing to do with pressurization, the aircraft pressurizes fine without Recirculation Fans!! They are simply there to move the air around in the cabin, because otherwise the air is not moving fast enough to meet certification requirements.

I never said the opposit, i said if the fans were off,more bleed output will be required for the packs to give their scheduled volume of air....this uses extra fuel,as minimal as it may be.
Ahh backtracking started. "You never said that" Except, get it into your head that the packs deliver more than enough from the get go to pressurize the aircraft. Their scheduled volume of air is sufficient, only with RFs off the air won't move around in the aircraft at the required (for certification) flow rate.

As I started out, the cause of this myth, is the poor wording of Boeing. Or rather the wording is ok, but they don't complete the sentence.

The recirculation system uses a fan to move air from the passenger compart- ment to the main distribution manifold. This reduces the amount of air that the packs need to supply.
...compared to an aircraft built without RFs, as such an aircraft would have been required to have the packs supply a higher output to keep the air moving fast enough to meet cabin flow rate certification requirements. A.k.a. to pump in more air and open the outflow valve more.

Well here im baffled....when the fans are off the air becomes sticky?
That's because you are less fortunately gifted, that this baffles you. When the air doesn't move (or moves too slowly), and you have close to 200 people breathing in and out, yes the air does become sticky. And the O2 level will go down. Kind of like classroom training and everyone looks sleepy (Defacto probably fast asleep), it usually helps to open the window 5 mins. Alas we don't have that option in a 737, so we have to have either packs in high flow (costs a lot of fuel) or have recirculation fans on.