PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicom vs area frequency
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 05:40
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puff, put up some good arguments for not having a Multicom below 5000ft or give this whole thing a rest!
I don’t need to put up sh*t. And provided I’m not breaking pprune rules, I can post whatever I like.

If you want something changed, you get it changed. Given that you purport to speak for “most of us”, it should be easy.

My perspective is that “most of us” haven’t a clue how to get things changed, and instead waste time arguing on pprune.

Just so I can decide whether actually to implement the ‘Multicom below 5000ft’ system, with DTI for IFR in Class G, I need more details. In your proposed system:

- Is the default CTAF the same as the Multicom frequency? (If yes, you can go and get stuffed.)

- Are VFR ‘allowed’ to request services on the frequency used to provide DTI for IFR in Class G? (If no, you can go and get more stuffed.)

(Pinky: I wonder who's signing off of the AFRs of all these GA pilots who don't check FIR NOTAMS. I'm yet to do one review during which the reviewer hasn't required a demonstration of compliance with the legal obligation to have reviewed NOTAMS.)