PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - California Flight Academy
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 04:59
Karbine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this is the one setup in El Cajon near San Diego, then this is my experience -

I went not to CFA but the neigbouring flight school, Anglo American Aviation in 2008. As flight schools go, this one is (was) the typical flight school with overflowing Indian and Chinese students with less staff and lesser aircrafts. Mid-training, someone bought the school and it was renamed American Aviation Academy.

While the takeover was happening, we were temporarily shifted to CFA. The US Immigration granted permission so as to not delay or stop our training. At this point most of the students left and went to other flight schools. I was not bright enough at that age and so I took the option of shifting to CFA.

It was a nightmare. If I use a scale of 1-10, then AAA was a 5 and CFA was a 3. It was a monument of unprofessionalism and delays. I wasted 5 months of time and money in CFA to fly for only... 1 hour. Keep in mind that at this point I was still working towards PPL. The issue with CFA was overstaffing, aircraft shortage (the ones they had were almost always maintenance) and of course students filled to the brim and overflowing. I moved yet again to AAA.

You may have noticed the use of past tense. That is to imply and enforce the fact that this happened 6 years ago and things change. You might want to get in touch with the people who have recently completed their training in CFA or the ones who are currently attending CFA. A good way to do that is to find the facebook pages, forums etc for CFA students.

That is my INR 1.22 according to conversion rate at the time of writing this post.