PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG “PACK” NNC
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 00:08
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on,you really think it would show a few kilos ,if that,of fuel needed int he MEL,really?...from the AMM:
DeFacto, you are always such a wise ass... Do you really think they would have built in a heavy recirculation fan system, that requires maintenance and cost fuel every leg to carry, if the penalty was only a few kg of fuel of omitting it?

Thrust me, the packs have no clue what is going on in the mix manifold. Your AMM quote doesn't say otherwise.

Her is help to decipher your AMM, as it say EXACTLY what I wrote initially:

This will reduce the requirement for bleed air taken from the engines for air conditioning to the passenger cabin...
...as compared to if the aircraft had NOT been equipped with recirculation fans, as the higher amount of bleed air would have been necessary to meet cabin flow certification requirement.

This is the normal in-flight schedule. It provides optimum airplane performance, but requires a recirculation fan to meet de- sired cabin ventilation rate
...but requires a recirculation fan to meet desired cabin ventilation rate...

...aka if a recirculation fan(s) is/are not there, the desired (regulatory required rate for certification) will NOT be met.

Checkmate. You should ask the questions on this board and not answer them as you are usually wrong. But Keep backtracking, you never had a history of being able to admit fault. I don't expect you to do otherwise in this thread.

Last edited by cosmo kramer; 17th Sep 2014 at 00:44.