PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA election results
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 11:06
Dogimed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snarek

The members have always been this apathetic, but I would suggest it is a lot less apathetic than members of organisations entrusted with far more power.
I don't think so, consider the fact that most people join because of a belief in the effect AOPA has and what it stands for. The members aren't let down by the magazine, or the marketing, or the discounts, or the image. The only thing that lets down a member these days is a director.

For example, did you know that less that 62 (but greater than 60 ) Australian Democrat members voted on the GST. Did you know that, as I undertsand it, Meg Lees cut short the deliberations with the Liberals because she wanted to go bushwalking.
Well lets look for government comparisons, can anyone see any Gough Whitlams in our board? perhaps we should have a GG above the board?....what a thought!! Then the directors would be worried..

Nah, that level is actually pretty good, at least this time we had a properly contested election and the members showed a couple of people where they stood!!!!
How about, a couple of members showed a couple of people who they believed..

antechinus

There is a rumour going around that the meeting called by the acting president (who was coincidentally soundly defeated) is to have the old board declare the election null and void.

If he did that he is more fool than anyone gave him credit for. Not because of the embaressment, but because the members (me in particular) will go.." Right that's it... they can get f%$^ed" seeing as these guys seem to not get their sh!t in one sock and move forward. I waver on the balance beam.

ANYWAY

If I haven't offered my congratulations to all successful candidates then allow me to do so now. I think that the outcome is very very good, it allows no-one to get comfortable and dictatorshiply.

Dog