PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speechless -David Haines
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2014, 18:52
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny, red post #33
I.S. Are wanting a response, but they want the response they are used to the West giving, which would suit your post and work well for I.S.
My impression of a lot of posts in this thread are that people are asking for a very effective and prompt response, but a response that doesn't amount to getting sucked in or making ISs tactics/strategy worthwhile.

A long ' boots on the ground' response would be very different to precision carpet bombing (I may just have made that name up, but hopefully you get the concept) from a few waves of B1b bombers with weapons striking 100 targets simultaneously. Just do that for a while.

Here is something else a bit nasty to add to the debate. How about hanging every immediate family member of anyone caught in one of these beheading vids.
Do it publicly on TV if needs be, but make it known that participating in acts of brutality is sentencing your own family to a public death sentence. This would work on many levels, and may stop these vids being aired but may make the occasional family think about how happy they are for their son to go and join in the fight abroad.

This was just something I discussed with someone, despite it being illegal and not how we have done things in recent years.