PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mist and/or fog enroute
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2014, 18:40
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhino
But then again, we all know that the higher risk factor is the collection of water, proteins, fats, gases and such that comprise a living human body and mind. I'm one of them, and it's why an entire book and exam in the PPL syllabus are dedicated to human factors.
I don't know about you, Rhino, but I'm in charge of the decisions my collection human components makes. One of those is "if there's no 'out' if the engine quits (they do, you know, as I know from first hand experience), then don't do it".

Those who are happy to fly over a an extensive fog bank in an SEP when the collection of mechanical bits, which looked fine at pre-flight with all fluids etc present and correct, but the reliability of which is something over which they have no control lets go (they do, you know) might also be in charge of their own decisions. Most of the time there won't be a problem - but what a total prick you'll be (just before you die) if there IS a problem and you didn't have an 'out'.

Old, bold pilots, etc. It's not new, it's not rocket science - it's just "how lucky do you feel, punk?".

Cowardice preserves active life.

An aeroplane has thousands of way to kill you. Just be sure you don't give it the chance.