PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 320 After Landing Action-Query
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2014, 17:51
Sidestick_n_Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(...)
Now with Config 1 +F selected, if the ADIRS are set to OFF the Rudder Travel may reach maximum deflection and damage the mechanical stop. So the logical action would be to activate the Yellow Electric Pump after obtaining clearance from ground personnel, and then retract SLATS/FLAPS before doing an alignment. Any difference of opinion ?
I wouldn't expect the RTLU damaging the mechanical stop due to maximum deflection. After all that's what the mechanical stop if for - to arrest movement and prevent damage... Also, since the A/C is on the ground, RTLU should be already at max deflection anyway...

I'd rather suspect the damage due to RTLU undesired movement to "Lo Speed" position during slats retraction.

I've dug up the AMM a bit and found some additional info:

- RTLU is normally controlled by the FAC's

- in the absence of FAC signal there's an additional "open loop" circut that will move the RTLU to "Lo Speed" position when slats are extendend

- Maintenance procedures for extending/retracting slats on GND make no mention of ADIRS at all. They do, however, call for both FAC's to be isolated by pulling their cb's.

Maybe, with invalid ADR data, there's some conflict between the normal FAC control and the secondary circut?