PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2014, 12:26
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was just reading the 2008 CASA audit, and was struck by a comment in the executive summary on page 2.

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_asset...ef12-10004.pdf

"These aircraft operate mainly from bases at Sydney, Darwin, Nowra, and Brisbane conducting night freight within Australia, and national and international medevac and passenger charter. Airwork operations consist of target towing for the Royal Australian Navy at Nowra NSW using Learjet and Westwind aircraft."

This seems to suggest that at that time (March 2008), the medivac work was charter, and that it was only the RAN target towing that was air work? Thats how I interpret this paragraph. Perhaps it is badly worded, and the medivac was air work. However that is not how this reads.

Alternate fuel for remote islands was required for charter operations, but not for airwork. However this 2008 audit implies that the medivac work was in fact charter.

IIRC from the 2009 audit following the accident, Pelair pilots gave inconsistent answers when asked if they were operating as air work or charter.

The question I have now is which category Pelair were operating under. And which category did the AOC require Pelair to operate under.