PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice One Tayside
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2014, 08:10
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way MOD contracts are won is by being the cheapest.
and some of us have written public sector contracts (from both sides of the fence).

I suspect you are intelligent enough to know this is wrong, so why type it? Public sector contracts are subjected to a range of measures of which price is one. A significant one as it should be (for the tax payer), but a whole host of other measures come in to play on all public sector contracts.

For example, all companies bidding for public sector contracts are financially stress tested...again it is the law.

I could go on, but clearly some members here are a tad jealous and as I said, I've nothing to do with the place.

I freely admit I am biased about the Air Cadet cadre; I have met thousands, flown with hundreds, and trained many of the top grade cadets (many of whom have scholarships) at flying training schools. The vast majority of the ones who have managed to accumulate all the scholarships on offer are exceptional human beings who go on to achieve a great deal in life. Not necessarily in the military or in aviation.

And on that note, I'll leave you to your little nips.