PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hot temp platform approach
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2014, 22:40
Skyjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love rocket science, and sometimes I feel ashamed of saying I'm a pilot thanks to the level of mediocrety I see.
The mediocrity in this thread is unfortunately displayed by yourself.
Agreed as per previous commentators, you DO NOT change procedures which are created to keep you safe from terrain.
Being a bit too high on such approaches due to (very) high temperatures is safer than being too low making an incorrect correction for it.
There is indeed documentation on the HOW to do such thing, they are meant for procedure designers, not pilots personal use to correct established, approved and authorised approach procedures.

However, I can see you strongly feel about this.
So why won't you submit this change of procedure in a formal proposal to relevant authorities?
Maybe, just maybe, if reasoned properly, changes to established procedures when confronted with extremely hot conditions as described, could be made available to all other aviators. But these changes need to be thoroughly examined, documented and ratified prior to use, which is where the authorities would need to come in.
Rather than fly these procedures now already, put your efforts into a formal proposal for improvement to the authorities.

Until then, please don't change the altitudes and angles of procedures which were designed to keep (all of) us safely away from ground. Remember, CFIT was not too long ago the main reason for deaths in aviation.