PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speechless -David Haines
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2014, 22:25
Surrey Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny42c - I am afraid your figures are wrong. On the first day when the butcher Haig sent in the troops on the Somme - 60,000 died. A huge loss of life when one thinks that a General can use men as cannon fodder. Few people have ever justified ANY reason he gave and, in my view, it was slaughter of a magnitude never before seen. Sadly it happened again but NOT in one day in WW2.

Meanwhile British defence cuts continue apace...

Indeed. I cannot believe that Hammond and his predecessor did not see this coming. It wasn't that difficult, with all that has been going on with us allowing these radical fanatics to preach and tell how Islam must rule.

However, I hold the view that these vile and abhorrent individuals actually enjoy murdering and slaughtering people. The Nazis did too - all too often.

Its a terrible world we live in now and I fear for my grandchildren and it is a fact that we must, and all the other 29 countries who met yesterday also, take action in whatever form it requires.

One bomb seen taking out ONE vehicle with maybe three or people in is NOT the way.

I suspect that there is a lot of special forces already on the ground in Syria, Iraq et al and they KNOW where these people are. On the intelligence that is being gathered it should be a priority to deal with IS. But what do we know? It is the heads of state and the generals who dictate and it is time that they did just that.