PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horsham Court Case - the outcome ?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 05:46
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER

Tea Lady
I'm not sure how you decide that people who support natural justice do not fly by the rules, but I do not appreciate unwarranted and unfaur criticism.

I am currently writing the SOP for a CTAF to try and get the new tenants to fly by the rules - as I do. The problem being, they do not wish to.
I fly rigidly by the rules. I tutor the stuff and can probably run rings around you on the rules and their adherence. I also have a 30 year unblemished driving record coz i abide by those rules also.

Having got that steam off my chest, I am NOT supporting the pilot concerned in breaking any rules. I have seen no proof that he did and what I am supporting - same as ASA - is ANY pilot's right to the same justice as rapists, murders, etc - trial by magistrate or jury.

For CASA to arbitrarily remove his licence - and they have the power to do it to anyone - without a hearing or any recourse is against any principles of fairness and law in the Westminster system.

I have personal experience of CASA with a vendetta against a LAME where he took the gutsy step of going to the Ombudsman, thus of course increasing their vendetta out of spite. It is delightful to se the Ombud corro - steeped in law - and the questions he is asking and comments being made about the CASA actions that have included just about every dirty trick you can name. Their final response is that a lesson has been learned and this sort of thing would not happen again. Where is the LAME recompense from CASA.

And remember Whyalla Airlines and how they were guilty of every sin under the sun and put out of business. pity that happened before the world wide recall of the engines had to be done because of the final problem found that was not due to any illegal action but, rather, established legitimate operating procedures.

I could go on but I have a 25 year regulatory background and cannot impart the lessons learned in this sopace. But, i do take very unkindly to you labelling a cautious rule observant pilot such as myself as you have without any substance to do so. And, I hope you do include the airfield name at the start AND FINISH of radio calls at ALL CTAF and MBZ, not just those in proximity if you want to get into fine details of following the rules?

I have been kind about your posting, as i have about Bill Pike's also. Had I wanted to prove him foolish and also quoting incorrect detail, I'd have just posted my original email to the Board to which he referred. But I am by nature - as CASA should also be - of a coaching rather than executioner style.
Cheers