PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 15th Sep 2014, 14:36
QTRZulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whichever side of the argument you sit, I would ask, what have we become?
Being a proud Englishman who has lived in Scotland (and love living here) for more than half my life, the majority of which was in the service of Queen and Country, I can honestly say that I am worried whichever the way the vote goes this coming Thursday.

I hope that politicians on both sides are proud with how they've divided not only the country and neighbours but also families! This will take generations to heal and I cannot understand how those in power ever thought it would be anything other than this? One family in my own street has already been torn apart over this and we haven't had the count yet, so God help us on Friday when the result starts to become clearer.

This is an emotive subject that was always going to cause division. The Yes campaign White Paper containing even less substance than a small pack of white powder in a dodgy nightclub toilet on a Saturday night and the No campaign focused on scaring people over currency, jobs, salary, pensions etc. They are treating the electorate like clueless halfwits and stirring deep seated anxiety to try and sway the argument in their favour!

Both sides have to share the blame for this cluster f##k of a situation we find ourselves in. Hardly credible from either of them, but looking at the morons that we have elected to serve us what should we expect?

As to the question of what have we become - the answer is simple; divided and weaker - and that's before a single vote has been counted!