PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2014, 10:30
Digaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlas and Tiger

Ive seen the email (issued by VA flight crew management), the bottom line is cut off but it says something along the lines that VARA can register interest by applying online. I take that as been no different to external applicants. And why would it be: They are not on the list so have no preference over those on hold. If by chance they are given a chance before others to come across they will still have to do sim and interview. I couldn't imagine them wasting the resources especially when there is still numerous guys on hold.

From word around the traps and rumours from mates, most of the guys on hold have moved on. I knew maybe 6 guys on hold, 4 of which have moved on. Plus all the guys that were on hold for domestic might not want to be a cruise fo, otherwise they would have taken the chance when it come up 18 months ago. Also remember with Melb base and domicile closing guys might not want to commute so will not take it either, as they will be Bris based as per the last two emails that the company issued re flt crew reqs.

I dare say that VARA guys may be on some sort of list in the next 18 months, so if your number isn't up by the end of the year that will be it. That will make it almost 3 years after interviewing. Id say this is the last chance for anyone on hold.

Good luck.