PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD looking for new training helos - DHFS
Old 15th Sep 2014, 05:59
Um... lifting...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bells have always been decent, basic trainers with benign autorotation capabilities that do not provide much carryover to anything besides other Bells.
Fixed that for you.

In the initial OH58D manufacturer training for the Army approximately 2400 full touchdown autos were done, many at night. None of the four ships were damaged.
Thanks for proving my point.

The Bell 407/407GX continue this heritage as superb trainers with the characteristics needed to train the next gen. The Germans recently showed the same is not true for Airbus products.
Non sequitur. Benign autorotation characteristics don't necessarily translate to a robust training experience. I trained in Bells, I learned a lot, but a Bell does not make one a complete helicopter pilot simply because they are easy to autorotate (and they are, no argument there). Bell has consistently recreated the Huey for the last 50 years while the battlefield and the marketplace both have changed around them.

Your credibility on these forums is suspect, The Sultan, because you cherry-pick characteristics and extrapolate unsupportable conclusions from them. That's not unusual for employees of any OEM, but you take it to a ludicrous extreme that is unparalleled.

Does your purported employer know what your handle is here? They should, because you damage Bell each time you set fingers to keyboard.