PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAN ENGINE START AIRBUS
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2014, 01:48
Tinwacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AF330

Your questioning is starting to become annoying over details that were mentioned in the notes that you displayed.
I will answer a question but you should go to an Aviation School and learn some very basic concepts to help yourself here.....

But what is the story with the center tanks which will have to wait for 5 minutes or something like that? I dob't understand why there is no fuel in the center tanks during tge flight...
Centre tank pumps will run automatically as mentioned until the pumps low pressure is sensed, fuel card logic will switch these pumps off after 5 minutes to prevent damage to the pumps.

MAN selected you have control manually of the centre fuel pumps

FAULT the centre tank still has fuel when it should be empty as comparing to the level of fuel in the wings at that moment.
Crew action, I think, would probably be to select MAN and manually pump the centre fuel. Cockpit observation would possibly have detected this inbalance before the FAULT appeared.

No fuel in centre tank, engines have used that fuel earlier in the flight, if centre tank fuel was uplifted.

Last edited by Tinwacker; 15th Sep 2014 at 01:54. Reason: Missed paragraph