PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2014, 20:05
Danny42C

Chugalug,

Your:
"......is to be nice to the people on the way up as you will meet them again on the way down!......" hardly applied to me, as I never went 'up', there was never any 'down' to come to ! (know what you mean, though).

In Orwell's "Animal Farm", isn't there a character who "never met an animal he didn't like" ? That has been my experience. When I started in the RAF, I was told: "You'll never get rich - but you'll meet an awful lot of nice people on the way". And so it has proved....D.

Union Jack,

There is really only one more Tale of Old Leeming to come (and it is rather a nice one) before I ring down the curtain, for I cannot make bricks without straw, and the straw's run out. Yet I hope I may be allowed to use my status as "One who Gained his RAF Pilot's Brevet in WWII" to tell of the final stages of my transition to Civviedom and to air some thoughts on general aspects of my Service "career", some questions about RAF history which have never yet been answered, and of course to put in any "flashbacks" of memory, as they come to mind which may amplify my earlier stories. In a word, you ain't heard the last of me yet !

Wasn't it also known as "Counting the deckhead rivets ?" (just joking)....D.

Cheers to you both, Danny.