PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain super-mini bash
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 02:13
pilotswife76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scanscanscan,

A new era, a new look.
Well you can say that; pilots with grumpy faces, is that the new look?

Yes you are right. If GF management decides to get rid of the trouble makers, they could do so. I think everybody is aware of this possibility.
However, it would create more hatred and demotivation amongst the pilots towards GF, and might make them even more willing to fight for their rights. Last but not least, this won't solve the problems.

Ignoring the problem, could also be an option, but now because of this new era, there is the Union with more possibilities than the individual pilot. If they have to persevere, (finally) media will be involved and this is no good for GF.

Another option is that both sides get together and through communication, find a compromise. The pilots will feel more respected and will be more motivated. Motivation might be important; what if they e.g. decide not to work on days off anymore????
A compromise will work in the best interest of both GF and the pilots.
Perhaps this has never happened in the past, but remember; The new era...... and one team one dream....

The decline of destinations/blocks cancellation of leave, flying on days off etc...has been accepted by many for many years now, because one knows that everywhere you'll find (some of) these inconveniences.
Unfortunately, for many this VBA issue is the last straw.

I've been told that there are Bahraini pilots, working for GF over 20 yrs with management experience, are thinking of leaving; They just find the deal offered unacceptable, even though this VBA base won't affect them because of their seniority.

The VPO is considered to be a wise man, and the pilots respected the fact that he was pressent at the meeting.However, I doubt in wich respect operations is responsible for the package offered. This might be a HRS problem, and they don't seem to respond....
Hopefully it is indeed a new era, and are those with influence at the HQ willing to find a reasonable solution for all.

Perhaps you can tell us more.....