PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying school loses my PPL examination records - what to do?
Old 14th Sep 2014, 13:12
keith williams

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
they didnt have a file with all the flying training (are they suppose to have something like this?) and so its going to take a few weeks for them track all the hours down and them sign my logbook.
I suggest that you advise the CFI to go to the CAA website and search for standards document 55. Among other things this details the recording action that is required for all flight training.

This includes the following:

Cumulative flying training achieved , and where applicable synthetic flight training achieved.

For each training flight or synthetic flight training detail, the date, the aircraft registration, or FSTD identification, the flight time, the instructor’s name in full, the syllabus exercise number and written comments by the instructor on the students performance, progress and other factors such as attitude and manner during the detail and during the course as a whole. The record shall indicate the standard achieved in relation to the laid down performance standard and any deviations from the syllabus including incomplete items. The students are required to sign each report acknowledging the debrief.

A summary of flying exercises completed with the date on which each exercise in the air or on the FSTD.

All records should be kept for a minimum period of 3 years.