PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Phone 6 question.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2014, 11:29
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread so will try to keep to the point, though I'll just mention I'm ever increasingly reliant on KeePass for the plethora of passwords one is required to have these days. Them saying even the NSA can't break it seems to me to be a challenge to bright young minds.
Anything that encourages people to use longer passwords with more entropy is a good thing.

I personally wouldn't trust an online service though. I use Zetetic STRIP as a password manager, it saves the passwords to a local encrypted database and then you can synchronise that encrypted database file between multiple devices (phone, tablet, pc,laptop) using dropbox, google drive or just over wifi. The reason I chose STRIP is I found a presentation somewhere where someone compared various offline password managers and it came out top, I'll see if I can find the link....ah, here it is .... https://media.blackhat.com/bh-eu-12/...ion-Slides.pdf. Its a bit techy, so feel free to skip to the summary and conclusion at the back of the document !

Jail Breaking. I know there's a distinct difference, but my phone was unlocked with the blessing of T-Mob in the US. (we did a lot of business with them then)
Indeed, I'm a great fan of unlocked phones so you can swap simcards.. But not jailbreaking. So as long as you don't unlock your phone through jailbreaking, I'm happy !